The motto of the 27th Song Celebration and the 20th Dance Celebration is The Land of My Fathers, the Land that I Love. It comes from a patriotic poem written by the much loved Estonian poet Lydia Koidula. The lyrics were sung at the first Song Celebration 150 years ago and they have since become the Song Celebration anthem, where the audience joins in, standing. It is an expression of our love for Estonia. The tradition of Song and Dance Celebrations brings together the entire country: whole generations from grandparents to grandchildren meet on the massive stage and almost half the population watches the concerts and shows.
Male choir Forestalia has never missed a single Song Celebration during its existence and we will be marching proudly to the festival grounds in green this year also. Let’s celebrate this wonderful event together!
The programme of the XXVII Song and XX Dance Celebration “My Fatherland is My Love”:
* Dance Celebration on Thursday, 4 July at 7 p.m. Kalev Central Stadium in Tallinn
* Dance Celebration on Friday, 5 July at 11.00 a.m. Kalev Central Stadium in Tallinn
* Dance Celebration on Friday, 5 July at 6 p.m. Kalev Central Stadium in Tallinn
* Folk music concert on Friday, 5 July at 2 p.m.
* Procession on Saturday, 6 July from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. central Tallinn to the Song Festival Grounds
* Song Celebration „To the Teacher“ on Saturday, 6 July at 7 p.m. Tallinn Song Festival Grounds
* Song Celebration on Sunday, 7 July at 2 p.m. Tallinn Song Festival Grounds
Event in Facebook
Tickets from Piletilevi